399
If ever I thought a song was written about me, it was probably this one. I've posted it before and I know it's silly to post song lyrics but the lyrics perfectly match how I've been feeling for a while. If you haven't heard this song, download/buy it, whatever. But make sure you hear it because it is brilliant.
Kevin Devine - Ballgame
A good man doesn't drink,
and i've been drinking alone.
So what does that make me?
My hands they always shake,
and no one's called my phone.
So what does that make me?
I know the kid with his guitar so drunk and anxious,
has been done to death but tell me what hasn't, i'll try it.
Because i'm selfish enough to want to get better,
but i'm backwards enough not to take any steps to get there.
Chorus
And when you realize it's a pattern and not a phase,
it's what you've become and it's what you will stay,
that's the ballgame.
Cause i don't got room in my life for anyone else.
And i've driven away all the people that can help.
And i still don't even know what i need to do to fix myself.
There's a clamp around my chest that tightens everytime i lapse into another sorry story,
about my miserable collapse.
A brown box i keep encased in glass and dust off whenever i want your pity.
Cause lately i've had to come to grips with scope and figure.
How my problems stack up in a world two steps from ruin,
or maybe it's rapture.
Well either way i realize that my shit's about as small as it could be,
but that makes me feel worse for even feeling this bad in the first place.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home